chilly?

Pam Hart
on 10/19/08 11:44 am - Easton, PA
You sound like me presurgery days.

And yep - welcome to the cold reality of not having your fluff with you. 

Dr. Pupkova also once told me that when you are still losing weight, your metabolism is working so hard...it doesn't have enough "spare" energy to keep you warm and if it's a choice between keeping your body working and keeping your body warm....the warm gets traded off.  She told me it will get better when I begin to maintain.  Well...I've been maintaining for a month or so now...and have not noticed one bit of difference.

Invest in some winter clothes...you'll need it!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 10/19/08 12:13 pm - Lancaster, PA
yep you go from being Fluffy to FROSTY!
Pam Hart
on 10/19/08 12:30 pm - Easton, PA
  GREAT line Nicole!!

Pam (I'm not nervous...I'm cold)
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
KellyD85
on 10/19/08 12:40 pm - Riverside, PA
Never even gave it a thought that I will be cold once the weight really starts coming off.  That will be one added benefit for my husband since we are the odd couple when it comes to the temperature.  I like things cool and he likes warmth!

He may get his way and I'll have to turn off the fan that blows every night, all year, in our room.  I need to noise so he has learned to tolerate it.  What a great guy. 

HW/SW/CW/GW
303/275/199.4/150    ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!      

Jackie W.
on 10/19/08 12:46 pm
Hey Steve, I found this article a while ago.  It will help to explain why we feel soo cold all the time!  My problem is my hands and feet, mostly my feet!!  I wear heavy socks and slippers!!!!  The article is pretty interested!  Hope it helps!

http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Im-Freezing!-Why-Gastric-Bypas s-Causes-Patients-to-be-Cold&id=34757

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

GD_007
on 10/19/08 12:56 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Good article.

I've always been warm....still "think" I'm warm.....relative to my wife's feet I'm as hot as hell  ...but I did put on a sweater today, while working on homework, and looked around for my "canadian" socks...and also took a warm shower mid-afternoon....hummmm....maybe I am losing my insulation.

Liz R.
on 10/19/08 9:02 pm - Easton, PA
OK this morning it isn't chilly it is full out f'in cold! It was 26 when I left my house this morning... I should have found the scarf and gloves but I never would have lived it down at work. I am constantly cold. Yesterday I had to sit outside in the sun in my black hoodie to get warm - AFTER a hot shower and then a hot bath mid day. I might have to give in and turn the heat on soon although I am holding out for November!

Get used to it Steve... we loose our fluff and get freezing!

Liz
Shan08
on 10/20/08 2:17 am - the Skook, PA

Wow, I was thinking about this all weekend and today I see this thread :D
I'm so used to being hot... and lately i'm just so effin cold!
If weight-loss truly is the reason... I'll take it no questions asked!!  ;o)

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views